Are you writing the National Examination Council NECO in May/June, if yes you need the NECO Literature in English Past Questions
we at stcharlesedu.com has compiled a good number of NECO Literature Past Questions
Literature in English Paper 2 – Drama and Poetry
Literature in English Paper 3 – Literary Appreciation
Literature in English Paper 4 – African and Non African Prose
Our research has confirm that candidate that uses National Examination Council Literature in English past questions to prepare for NECO is ten times better than those who do not.
Table of Contents
- 1 NECO Literature Objective Questions
- 2 NECO literature Prose Question 2019
- 3 NECO Literature Drama and Poetry Questions 2019
- 4 Free Download NECO Literature Past Questions
- 5 How to Get National Examination Council NECO Literature in English Past Questions
NECO Literature Objective Questions
Do not open this booklet until you are told to do so. While waiting, read the following carefully.
Write your Name and Examination Number in the spaces provided at the top right-hand coner of this booklet.
This booklet consists of two papers: III and IV.
Answer Paper III on your objective test answer sheet.
Instructions on how to do this are given on the next page.
Paper III will last for 1 hour.
On completion of Paper III, the objective test answer sheet will be collected.
Answers to Paper IV are to be written in your answer booklet.
Paper IV will last for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Do not open Paper IV until you are told to do so.
What others are downloading NECO Past Questions for all Subjects
Like our Facebook Page to Download Free NECO Past Questions
Literature in English PAPER III – Literary Appreciation
Answer all questions.
1. A narrative that makes use of animals or inanimate objects as human beings is
2. The final rehearsal before the main performance is called
B. dress and tech.
3. Which of the following is described as an imitation of life?
4. The anxiety of a reader to know the subsequent developments in a literary work is known as
5. The use of “I” in a story implies narrator.
B. first person
C. second person
D. stream of consciousness
E. third person
6. When a character does not grow nor
change in the cause of a narrative, he is said to be a character.
7. I was not a little surprised to hear that you passed’ illustrates the use of
8. The state of mind of a poet can be referred to as
9. The following are types of comedy except
Questions 10 – 60 Omitted – Removed.
NECO literature Prose Question 2019
AFRICAN AND NON-AFRICAN PROSE – Answer two questions in all, one from each section.
Each question carries 30 marks.
African Prose Section 1 Question
Amma Darko: Faceless
1.Discuss the theme of superstition in the novel.
2.Give a detailed account of Kabria and Vickie’s visit to the police station.
Bayo Adebowale: Lonely Days
3. omitted – removed
4. omitted – removed
Non-African Prose Section 2 Question
Horace Walpole: The Castle of Otranto
5.Discuss symbolism as used in the novel.
6.Account for the sources of rivalry between Manfred and Jerome.
Richard Wright: Native Son
7. omitted – removed
8. omitted – removed
NECO Literature Drama and Poetry Questions 2019
DRAMA AND POETRY – Answer four questions in all, one from each section.
Each question carries 25 marks.
African Drama Section 1 Question
Frank Ogodo Ogbeche: Harvest of Corruption
1- “Justice Odili’s loyalty as a judge of the state is to Chief, rather than to justice and his conscience.”
Discuss this assertion in relation to the play.
2. omitted – removed
Dele Charley: Blood of a Stranger
3. Discuss the use of language by the playwright in the text.
4. omitted – removed
Non-African Drama Section 2 Question
Lorraine Hansberry: A Raisin in the Sun
5. omitted – removed
4. With relevant examples from the text, discuss the use of symbolism.
Oliver Goldsmith: She Stoops to Conquer
7. “The play is principally concerned with the problems of the social class.” Discuss.
8. omitted – removed
Free Download NECO Literature Past Questions
Click to Download your free NECO Past Question on Literature Paper 3
NECO Literature Questions Booklet
How to Get National Examination Council NECO Literature in English Past Questions
Make a Call
Call or whatsapp us on 08051311885 for the account number to make payment and how to received your complete copy of the past questions to be sent directly to your email address or whatsapp number.
Mode of Payment.
Mobile Transfer or Direct Bank Deposit.
send us the following
Name of Product Paid for:
Valid email address.
We will deliver the past question to you 10 mins after confirmation of payment to the email you will send to us.