Are you writing the National Examination Council NECO Internal/External exam, if yes you need the NECO Fishery Past Questions.
we at stcharlesedu.com has compiled a good number of Fishery NECO Past Questions in pdf.
Fishery Paper 2 – Theory/Essay Questions.
Fishery Paper 3 – Objective Test Questions.
Our research has confirm that candidate that uses National Examination Council Fishery past questions to prepare for NECO is ten times better than those who do not.
Table of Contents
NECO Fishery Objective Questions – Paper 3.
FISHERY PAPER III
Paper 3 will last for 1 hours
Attempt all questions from this section
Answer Paper 3 on your objective test answer sheet,
Use HB pencil throughout.
NECO Paper 3 Objective Test Questions in Fishery.
1. Small part of fish population taken out for observation is
A. total cropping
B. test cropping.
C. partial cropping.
D. over stocking.
E. annual cropping.
2. Fish culture system that depends mainly on natural food for survival is called
3. Spot feeding involves
A. feeding of fish at any point
B. feeding of fish at a particular point.
C. feeding at night.
D. feeding at I0 hours interval.
E. broadcasting of feed on the surface of the water.
4. An organism that feeds on cultured fish is a/an
5. The common name for Citharinus citharus is
A. tiger fish.
B. moon fish.
C. grass eater.
E. african caps.
6. The changing of ammonia to nitrates through nitrification process by bacteria in water re-circulatory system is termed
B. mechanical filtration.
C. carbondioxidc removal
D. biological filtration.
7. The placing of fish in clean water for a short time to adjust to the environment is called
8. The excessive growth of algae in water bodies due to substantial increase in nutrients is termed
9. The following are gears used in cropping fish except — net
10. The act of cutting fish into pieces for the purpose of processing and preservation is called de-
Use the diagram below to answer questions 11 and 12.
11 The diagram represents a
C. drag net
D. cast net.
12. rise diagram is used for____ fish.
13. What is the area of an earthen pond whose length is 215 m
and the breath is 115m?
C. 330 m2
E. 1.87 m2
14. Which of the following causes competition in cultured fish?
B. Over stocking
C. Over feeding
D. High water level
E. High organic loading
15. Fish meal, fish oil and fish mince are
A. raw materials.
B. fish meals.
C. fish feeds.
D. feed additives.
16. The union of two gametes (egg and milt) to form a zygote is called
17. The following are fish feed ingredients of plant origin except
A. bone meal.
B cassava peel.
C. maize meal.
D. rice bran.
E. wheat offal.
18. Which of the following sequence is correct in the classification of fish?
A. Kingdom – class- phylum – family- order – genus – species
B. Kingdom- class- phylum- order- family- genus – species
C. Kingdom – genus- species – class- phylum – family- order
D. Kingdom- phylum – class- family- order- genus- species
E. Kingdom- phylum- class- order- family- genus- species
19. Harvesting of fish from the fish cage is called
20. Another name Tor laying of eggs by areochronmis nitlolicus is
21. The instrument used for testing acidity level of dam water is
B. Conductivity meter.
C. pH meter.
D. sechi disc.
Want more Objective Questions like this?
Get the Complete NECO Fishery Exam Questions (Obj & Essay) in PDF Format from us.
What others are downloading NECO Past Questions for all Subjects
Like our Facebook Page to Download Free NECO Past Questions
NECO Fishery Theory Question – Paper 2
FISHERY PAPER II
This paper consists of two Sections: A and B.
Answer five questions only: one from section A and four from Section B.
Write your answer in blue or black ink in your answer booklet.
All questions carry equal marks.
Fishery NECO Theory Questions
Fishery Theory Questions – SECTION A
PAPER II – SECTION A
Answer one question only from this section.
1. State four effects of parasite on fingerlings in a nursery pond. (4 marks)
b. Write short notes on the following:
(i) aquaculture (2 marks)
(ii) fecundity (2 marks)
(iii) pond (2 marks)
(iv) spawn (2 marks)
c. (i) Name four advantages of polyculture system in fish farming. (4 marks)
(ii) Enumerate two advantages and two disadvantages of extensive system in fish rearing. (4 marks)
2a. Draw a well labelled diagram (10 to 12 cm long) of a spade. (4 marks)
b. Mention four effects of high temperature on cultured fish. (4 marks)
c. (i) In a tabular form, list three feed stuffs and their classes (6 marks)
(ii) In chronological order, list six steps involved in fish pond management. (6 marks)
3a. Mention five benefits of fish farming. (5 marks)
b. State four advantages of organic to inorganic fertilizer in a fish pond. (4 marks)
c. (i) Define fishing gear. (2 marks)
(ii) List five materials used as sinker. (5 marks)
(iii) As a fish farm manager, you discovered that your fishes have fin rot as a result of bad water. State four ways of improving their health. (4 marks)
Want more Fishery Theory Questions like this?
Get the Complete NECO Fishery Exam Questions (Obj and Essay) in PDF Format from us.
Free NECO Fishery Exam Questions Download
Click to Download your free NECO Past Question on Fishery Paper 2 and 3
SSCE NECO Fishery Questions Booklet
How to Get National Examination Council NECO Fishery Past Questions
Make a Call
Call or whatsapp us on 08051311885 for the account number to make payment and how to received your complete copy of the past questions to be sent directly to your email address or whatsapp number.
Mode of Payment.
Mobile Transfer or Direct Bank Deposit.
send us the following
Name of Product Paid for:
Valid email address.
We will deliver the past question to you 10 mins after confirmation of payment to the email you will send to us.