Download Now! The West Africa Senior School Certificate Examination WASSCE/ WAEC Metal Work Past Questions and Answers
Are you writing the West African Examination Council WAEC Internal/External exam? If yes you need the WAEC MetalWork Past Questions & Answers
we at stcharlesedu.com has compiled a good number of Metal-Work WASSCE Past Questions in pdf.
Metal Work Paper 1 – Objective Test Questions
Metal Work Paper 2 – Essay or Theory Questions
Over the years, we have received sms and call from student who used the past questions, testifying the tremendous role it play in making them come out in flying colour.
What others are downloading
Table of Contents
WASSCE Metal Work Questions
Answer all the questions.
Each questions is followed by four option lettered A to D. Find the correct option for each questions and shade in pencil on your answer sheet the answer space which bears the same letter as the option you have chosen. Give only one answer to each question. An example is given below.
Which of the following parts of the body must be protected when grinding a tool?
The correct answer is Eyes, which is lettered A. and therefore answer space A would be
[A] [B] [C] [D]
Think carefully before you shade the answer space, erase completely any answer(s) you wish to change.
Now answer the following questions.
WAEC Objective Questions on Metal Work
1. Which of the following should be encouraged in a workshop?
A. Combustibles on the floor
B. Cross ventilation
C. Oily floor
D. Long bars in vices
2. The appropriate safety wear worn when grinding is
A. ear plugs.
D. nose mask.
3. A metal which breaks easily when hammered is
4. Which of the following metals is malleable?
5. The type of metal suitable for making anvil is
A. cast iron.
B. mild steel.
C. tool steel.
D. wrought iron.
6. The raw material used to produce lead is
7. The instrument used to measure the smallest unit is
B. steel rule
C. Vernier caliper.
8. One of the reason for the breakage of a hacksaw blade is when
A. blade teeth point away from the operator.
B. blade is insecurely fixed on the frame
C. three teeth of the blade is in contact with work.
D. blade length is too short.
9. Which of the following tools is used on bushings?
A. Flat scraper
B. Triangular file
C. Half-round scraper
D. Square file
10. The practice that ensures smooth operation of a bench vice is to
A. rub chalk on threads of the vice.
B. hammer the moving jaw.
C. grease threads of the vice.
D. dismantle the vice always.
11. Heat treatment is earned out to
A. melt metals.
B. vapourize metals.
C. alloy steels.
D. harden steels.
12. The process of heating a metal to a critical temperature and cooling in oil immediately is
13. A suitable equipment used for heat treatment is
A. a blacksmith’s forge.
B. a blast furnace.
C. a cupola furnace.
D. an electroplating kit.
14. The tempering colour for drills is
A. dark straw.
B. dark purple.
C. pale straw.
15. Which of the following tools is used to draw large circles on sheet metals?
A. Combination set
16. The top and bottom hardie are used
A. to cut
B. to break
C. as punch
D. as drift
17. The sketch of a forged piece shown in Figure 1 is a
A. bored hole.
B. drilled hole.
C. punched hole.
D. reamed hole.
[Download the free Metal-Work WAEC/WASSCE past questions in pdf below to see image]
18. Which of the following practices is a safety measure in forge work?
A. Alert co-workers before striking hot metals
B. Adjust the fume extractor regulator
C. Prevent smoke from escaping through the chimney
D. Quench workpiece before striking it
19. One merit of casting is to obtain
A. bigger shapes than desired.
B. the exact shapes desired.
C. smaller shapes than desired.
D. smooth surface desired.
20. The cope and the drag fastened together to receive molten metal is called
Free Copy: Objective Questions No. 21-40 Removed
Want more WASSCE Metal Work Past Exam Questions?
Get the Complete WAEC Metal Work Objectives and Essay Past Questions and Answers from us
WAEC Metal Work Theory Questions
Answer four questions only from this section
Where possible, your answer should be illustrated with freehand sketches
All questions carry equal marks
1(a) Sketch the following nuts:
1(a)(i) castle nut;
1(a)(ii) die nut;
1(a)(iii) lock nut. [9 marks]
1(b) State three suitable materials used for making rivets. [3 marks]
1(c) List three faults in riveting. [3 marks]
2(a) List two types of iron ore. [2 marks]
2(b) State four steps involved in the production of iron from its ore. [8 marks]
2(c) What is the name of the iron produced in (b)? [1 marks]
2(d) State one function each of the two constituents used with the ore in the production of iron [4 marks]
3(a) State three safety precautions that should be observed when working on each of the following:
3(a)(i) drilling machine;
3(a)(ii) lathe machine;
3(a)(iii) grinding machine. [9 marks]
3(b) With the aid of sketches, differentiate between a dot punch and a centre punch.[6 marks]
Free Copy: PART B, Essay Questions No. 04-05 Removed
Want more Likely WASSCE Past Exam Questions on Metalwork?
Get the Complete WAEC MW Objectives, Essay and Practical Past Questions and answers from us
Free Metal-Work WASSCE Past Questions PDF Download
Click to Download your free Sample of WASSCE Past Question on Metalwork Paper 1 and 2
How to Get WAEC Past Questions on Metalwork
To get the complete and more recent copy of the West Africa Examination Council WAEC Past Questions and Answer on MW
Take Note of the following step
West African Country E.g Ghana, Visit this link to make payment in your country currency > BUY WAEC MW PQ
Nigeria Candidate Only – Buy and Download online Mw Past Questions
Call or whatsapp us on 08051311885 for the account number to make payment and how to received your complete copy of the past questions to be sent directly to your email address or whatsapp number.
Mode of Payment.
1. Mobile Transfer or Direct Bank Deposit. Mode of Payment. – Nigeria
2. Online Credit Card Payment or MoMo Mobile Transfer – Others
send us the following
Name of Product Paid for:
Valid email address.
We will deliver the past question to you 10 mins after confirmation of payment to the email you will send to us.