Many Secondary School Teacher and Parent whose child or children are about to get their education in Nigeria are looking for how to download Physics Scheme of Work for Senior Secondary School in Nigeria SS1, SS2, SS3; First, Second and Third Term for WAEC or NECO.
If you are here, then you are at the right page
What Others are downloading
Physics Scheme of Work
Physics SS1-3 Exam Questions
Physics SSCE Past Questions and Answers – WAEC, NECO, NABTEB
Table of Contents
Physics Scheme of Work for SS1 First Term
Topic Outline for SS1 First Term
THEME: THE CHEMICAL WORLD
Introduction to Chemistry I
Introduction to Chemistry II
Particulate nature of matter I
Particulate nature of matter II
THEME: INTRODUCTION TO CHEMISTRY
Symbols Formulae and Equations I
Symbols Formulae and Equations II
Chemical Combination I
Chemical Combination II
Chemical Combination III
Chemical Combination IV
Scheme of work on Physics for SS2 Second Term
Topic Outline for SS2 Second Term
Linear momentum I
Linear momentum II
Mechanical Energy I
Mechanical Energy II
Heat energy I Temperature and its measurement
Heat Energy Measurement I
Heat Energy Measurement II
Gas Laws I
Gas Laws II
SS3 Physics Scheme of Work Second Term
Topic Outline for SS3 Second Term
SUB-THEME 4: FIELDS AT REST AND IN MOTION
Simple A. C. Circuit
Models of the Atoms
Energy quantization and duality of mater.
Battery electro plating and Application of electromagnetic field
Users of machines
Repairs and maintenance of machines
Dams and energy
Rockets and satellites
Niger –SAT I
Physics Scheme of Work for Senior Secondary School in Nigeria
Here is online sample of SS3 Physics Scheme of Work Second Term that entail Weekly topic Outline, Activities (Teacher and Student) Teaching Materials in a tabular format. (Week 1-6)
|1||Simple A. C. Circuit |
Alternating current circuits:
-Nomenclature, in a.c. air units
-Peak and r.m.s. values.
– Series circuits containing resistance, inductance and capacitance.
-Reactance and impedance Power in an a.c. circuit.
Uses vector to show the directions of resistance, inductance and capacitance in an a.c. circuit
Calculate current in a simple a.c. circuit
Capacitors, Inductors, Resistors, Voltmeter (0-500v) Connecting wires, A.C. source, break and make switch.
|2||Models of the Atoms |
Concept of the atom.
The various models of the atom.
-Thomson, Rutherford, Bohr and election cloud models Limitations of the physical models.
Leads discussion on the historical events that led to the modem concept of the atom Leads discussion on the scattering experiment and its analogue.
Use Bohr model of the atom to explain structure of the atom. Discuss on the scattering experiment and its analogue
Charts of atomic models Models of the atom.
Radioactivity natural and artificial:
-Half-life and decay constant Nuclear reaction
-Nuclear power and atomic bomb Nigeria’s nuclear energy programme.
Leads discussion on random events and probability of decaying atoms Gives work examples on radioactive decay Leads discussion on nuclear fission and fusion.
Leads discussion on the applications of radioactivity in medicine, agricultural science, industry etc. Leads discussion on the development of nuclear programme in Nigeria.
Use half-life analogue and plot a decay cure Solve simple problems on radioactive decay Discussion on nuclear fission and fusion. Discuss on the application of radioactivity in medicine, agriculture etc. Discuss on the development of nuclear energy programme for Nigeria
Charts and films Invite an expert to give a talk on nuclear energy and its applications.
|4||Energy Quantization |
Energy levels in atom
-Emission of light
-energy on return to ground state Photo
-electric effect Einstein photo
-electric equation and its explanationX-ray
– Characteristics and
-Properties and uses.
Gives worked examples involving threshold frequency work function and Planck’s constant. Leads students to an x-ray centre and observe the operation of the x- ray equipment.
Solve examples involving threshold frequency, work function and Planck’s constant. Discuss the operation of an x- ray tube.
X-ray films Pictures and charts of x-ray machines.
|5||Energy quantization and duality of mater. |
Leads discussion using simple illustration theories of the nature of light, particle theory and wave theory.
STUDENT (3) Discuss on the theories of the nature of light, particle theory and wave theory.
TEACHING MATERIALS Charts and pictures.
|6||Battery electro-plating and application of electro- magnetic field|
– Electric motor
1) Provides suitable electrolyte for use in the construction of a battery of at least 3 cells. (2) Assists students to construct battery and use it to light a bulb. (3) Provides suitable electrolyte for use in electroplating a suitable electrode. (4) Shows film/chart of battery and its parts. (5) Leads discussion on the application of electroplating in industries. (6) Visits an appropriate industry to see electroplating in process. (7) Shows film of galvanometer, electric motor, generator and their various parts. (8) Arranges a visit to an electrician work shop for display of various parts under repair. (9) Leads discussion on the construction of these devices.
(1) Construct a battery of at least 3 cells and use it to light a bulb. (2) Prepare a suitable electrolyte and use it to electroplate a suitable electrode. (3) Discuss the application of electroplating in industries. -Construct a galvanometer and use it. (4) Construct an electric motor (5) Construct D.C and A.C. generators.
Components of cells: (1) Different metal plates. (2) Suitable electrolyte (3) Suitable electrolyte -Electrodes, D.C. source. (4) Connecting wires, key, Rheostat. (5) Ammeter. (6) Horse shoe magnet (7) D.C. source, soft-iron core. (8) Hair spring. (9) Pointer. (10) Cardboard, model transformer. (11) Connecting wires and key, poles, araldite.
|7||Transmission Systems Users of machines Repairs and maintenance of machines |
(2) Need for use of machines in doing work: -Easier -Quicker and more conveniently
(3) Instances of use of machines: At home, in offices, in industries, in agriculture, in transportation
(4)Need for a repairs of machines
(5) Need for regular maintenance of machines.
(6) Maintenance schedule of machines.
(1) Shows film/chart of a transformer and its parts (2) Invites an expert to give a talk on electrical transmission from energy generating plant to the consumers in the street. (3) Leads discussion on the need for the use of machines. (4) Leads discussion on various instances for the use of machines. (5) Leads discussion on the need for identification of faults in machine and their early repairs. (6) Leads discussion on regular maintenance of machines. (7) Shows picture/chart, on faulty machines and consequence of poorly maintained machines.
(1) Construct a model transmission system using a transformer. (2) Discuss the need for and instances where we use machines. (3) Discuss the need for early repairs of identified faults in machines (4) Discuss regular maintenance of machines. (5) Watch pictures/film on faulty machines and consequences of poorly maintained machines.
(1) Chart showing different types of simple and complex machines. (2) Chart/pictures of abandoned faulty machines. (3) Film on consequences of poorly maintained machines.
Download Free Physics SOW
Click to download your Complete SS3 Second Term Physics Scheme of Work in PDF Week 1-9
Download Link 1 SOW for Physics Link 2: SOW for Physics
How to Download Complete Physics Scheme of Work SSS1-3.
To get the complete Physics Scheme of work for senior secondary school that entails the following.
All three Term, Week 1-10, Topic Content, Performance Objective, Activities, Teaching and Learning Materials.
Take Note of the following step
Call or whatsapp us on 08051311885 for the account number to make payment and how to received your complete copy of the SOW to be sent directly to your email address or whatsapp number.
Mode of Payment.
Mobile Transfer, POS or Direct Bank Deposit
send us the following
Name of Product Paid for:
Valid email address.
Mode of Delivery
After payment, it will be sent to your email address or whatsapp
Please Take Note:
The scheme of work is in PDF soft copy format.
It can be view and read using a smart mobile phone or personal computer (pc)
It can be printed out into hard copy.
It is not free (do not chat me up if your intention is to beg for it)
It cost a token.
Other Available Products
Lesson Note and Exam Questions for Primary to Senior Secondary School