Many Secondary School Teacher and Parent whose child or children are about to get their education in Nigeria are looking for how to download Mathematics Scheme of Work SOW for Senior Secondary School in Nigeria SS1, SS2, SS3; First, Second and Third Term for WAEC or NECO.
If you are here, then you are at the right page
Table of Contents
- 1 Mathematics Scheme of Work for SS1 in Nigeria
- 2 SS2 Mathematics Scheme of Work 2nd Term
- 3 Maths Scheme of Work for SS3 First Term
- 4 Mathematics Scheme of Work for Senior Secondary School in Nigeria
- 5 Download Maths Scheme of Work for WAEC or NECO
- 6 How to get Complete Mathematics Scheme of Work SS1-3.
Mathematics Scheme of Work for SS1 in Nigeria
Topic Outline for SS1 First Term
THEME: NUMBER AND NUMERATION
Number Base System.
Effective use of logarithm tables in calculations
THEME: ALGEBRAIC PROCESSES
Simple Equations and variations
Formation of quadratic equations with given roots.
Logical operations and their symbols
SS2 Mathematics Scheme of Work 2nd Term
Topic Outline for SS2 Second Term
Maths Scheme of Work for SS3 First Term
Topic Outline for SS3 First Term
THEME: NUMBER AND NUMERATION
Matrices and determinants
Matrices and determinant (continued)
Logarithms and indices.
Arithmetic of finance
Arithmetic of finance (continued)
THEME: ALGEBRAIC PROCESSES
Application or linear and quadratic equations to capital market
Trigonometry: Graphs of trigonometric ratios.
Trigonometry of graphs of sine, cosine and tangent.
Revision of Team Work
Mathematics Scheme of Work for Senior Secondary School in Nigeria
Here is a sample of SS3 Mathematics (Week 1 -10) First Term Complete Scheme of Work SOW in tabular format that entail Weekly Topic Outline/Content; Teacher and Student Activities
|WEEK||TOPIC||CONTENT||TEACHER ACTIVITIES||STUDENT ACTIVITIES|
|1||surd||(1) Meaning of rational and irrational numbers reading to the definition of surds |
(2) The rules guiding the basic operation with surds i.e.
(3) Conjugate of a binomial surds using the idea of difference of two squares.
(4) Application to solving triangles involving trigonometric ratios of special angles of 30o , 60o and 45o
(5) Evaluation of expression involving surds.
|Guides students to: (1) Differentiate between the rational and irrational numbers leading to the definition of surds. |
(2) Perform the operation of addition and subtraction of numbers in surdic form.
(3) Conjugate binomial surds using the idea leading to the difference of two squares.
(4) Appreciate the application of surds to trigonometric rations e.g.
|(1) Differentiate between rational and irrational number leading to the definition of surds. |
(2) Perform and solve problems on addition, subtraction, multiplication and division of surdic numbers.
(3) Verify the rules of the operation of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
(4) Apply the principle of difference of two squares to conjugate surdic expressions.
(5) Relate surds to trigonometric ratio.
|2||Matrices and determinants||(1) Definition order and notation of matrix. |
(2) Types of matrices e.g. addition and subtraction of matrices,
(3) Scalar multiplication of matrices and multiplication of matrices/general matrix multiplication.
|Leads students to: |
(1) Defines matrix
(2) State the order and notation of matrices.
(3) Identifies and define different types of matrices. (4) Performs the operation of addition, subtraction of matrices.
(5) Multiplies matrix by a scalar.
|(1) Define matrix |
(2) Identify matrix notations.
(3) Identify different types of matrices.
(4) Perform and solve problems on addition and subtraction of matrices.
|3||Matrices and determinant (continued)||(1) Determinants of 2×2 and 3×3 matrices. |
(2) Transpose of a matrix
(3) Matrices and simultaneous equations.
|(1) Performs the multiplication by a quantity as well as matrix-matrices multiplication |
(2) Finds the transpose of a matrix by interchanging the rows and columns.
(3) Calculates the determinants of matrices.
(4) Appreciates the application of matrices to solutions of simultaneous equations.
|(1) Perform multiplication by a scalar quantity and matrix by matrix multiplication. |
(2) Find the transpose of a given matrix by interchanging row with column
(3) Calculate determinants of matrices
(4) Apply matrix operations to real life situations including solving simultaneous equations.
|4||Logarithms and indices.||(1) Revision of laws of indices and laws of logarithm. |
(2) Use laws of logarithm to simplify and/or evaluate given expressions without the use of logarithm table.
(3) Use logarithm table for purpose of calculation.
|(1) Brings to the class charts of logarithm and solution from the prepared charts. |
(2) Guides students to deduce logarithm laws.
(3) Uses the deduced logarithm and logarithm table to calculate problems.
|(1) Study the two charts. |
(2) Deduce laws of logarithm especially
(3) Verify logarithm laws with simple exercises.
(4) Revise use of logarithm table to solve problems involving calculation
|5||Arithmetic of finance||(1) Simple interest (Revision) |
(2) compound interest
(4) Annuities (5) Amortization
|Guides students to: |
(1) recall the formula for simple interest.
(2) drive formula for computing compound interest.
(3) compute depreciation value of an item
(4) determine the annuities
(5) compute the amortization
|(1) Use formula to calculate simple interest, compound interest. |
(2) Compute depreciation value of a given item
(3) Compute the annuity paid on a sum of money at regular interval.
(4) Compute the amortization
|6||Arithmetic of finance continue||Further use of logarithm table in problem involving: (1) Bonds and debenture (2) Shares |
(4) Income tax
(5) Value added tax
|(1) Shows the solution chart. |
(2) Calculates interest on bound and debenture purchase either by individual or institution e.g. value added tax on the floor of the exchange market attracts 0.5% of the price.
(3) Carries simple calculation involving rates, taxes, value added tax (VAT)
|(1) Study the solution charts of logarithm in calculating interest in bond and debenture. |
(2) Calculate interest on bond and debenture purchase by an individual or institution using logarithm table.
(3) Solve problems on rates, taxes and value added tax.
|7||Application or linear and quadratic equations to capital market.||(1) Revision of solution of simultaneous linear and quadratic equation |
(2) Word problems on linear equations, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations are linear are quadratic.
(3) Application to capital market.
|(1) Displays chart of simple linear and quadratic equation. (2) Revises the solution of simultaneous linear and quadratic equations. |
(3) Guides students to discover how word problems can be interpreted into linear, quadratic and simultaneous equations.
(4) Solves problems in linear equations such as (i) a father and his son are share holders in a public liability company. The father invests 3 times as much as the son. If they invest altogether amount to 3000 shares of N50, 000 per share etc. How did the father invest?
|(1) Study the chart |
(2) Solve the solution of simultaneous linear and quadratic equation.
(3) Use steps given by the teacher to solve word problems
(4) Solve problems involving on linear, one quadratic equation following teachers guide and suggestion.
|8||Trigonometry: Graphs of trigonometric ratios.||(1) Construct tables of values for sine and cosine graphs |
(2) Plot graphs of sine and cosine for 0 < x < 360 o
|Guides students to: |
(1) Constructs table of values 0 < x < 360 o for sine and cosine graphs.
(2) Plots graphs of sine and cosine for 0 < x < 360 o
(3) On chalkboard
(4) Interprets the graphs of sine and cosine and read out given values.
|(1) Construct table of values. |
(2) Plot graphs of tables of values on their graph books.
(3) Interpret the graphs of sine and cosine and read out given values
|9.||Trigonometry of graphs of sine, cosine and tangent.||(1) Graphs of sine, cosine and tangent for 0 £ x £ 360o||(2) Graphical solution of simultaneous linear and trigonometric equation.||(1) Separates equation containing linear expression and trigonometric ratios |
(2) Prepares table of values of both linear and trigonometric ratio.
(3) Plots the sine type of graphs on the page.
(4) Read values from graphs.
|10.||Surface Area||Surface area of a sphere and hemisphere.||(1) Brings a sphere to the classroom |
(2) Explains the concept of the surface area.
(3) Leads students to find the surface area of a sphere with given dimension
|(1) Study the sphere and state its characteristics |
(2) Note the concepts of surface area.
(3) Find the surface area of a sphere
(4) Solve problems on surface area of a sphere.
|11||REVISION OF TEAM WORK|
Click to download your Complete SS3 First Term Mathematics Scheme of Work in PDF Week 1-10
How to get Complete Mathematics Scheme of Work SS1-3.
To get the complete Mathematics Scheme of work for senior secondary school that entails the following.
All three Term, Week 1-10, Topic Content, Performance Objective, Activities, Teaching and Learning Resource/Materials, Evaluation and Guide
Take Note of the following step
Call or whatsapp us on 08051311885 for the account number to make payment and how to received your complete copy of the SOW to be sent directly to your email address or whatsapp number.
Mode of Payment.
Mobile Transfer, POS or Direct Bank Deposit
send us the following
Name of Product Paid for:
Valid email address.
Mode of Delivery
After payment, it will be sent to your email address or whatsapp
Please Take Note:
The scheme of work is in PDF soft copy format.
It can be view and read using a smart mobile phone or personal computer (pc)
It can be printed out into hard copy.
It is not free (do not chat me up if your intention is to beg for it)
It cost a token.
Other Available Products
Lesson Note and Exam Questions for Primary to Senior Secondary School