Many Secondary School Teacher and Parent whose children are about to get their education in Nigeria are looking for how to download Agricultural Science Scheme of work for Nigeria Junior Secondary School JSS 1-3.
If you are here, then you are at the right page.
Scheme of Work on Agricultural Science for JSS Junior Secondary School
Table of Contents
Agricultural Science Scheme of Work for JSS1 First Term
List of topic
Meaning and History of Agriculture
Importance of Agriculture
Types of Agriculture
Area/forms of agricultural Practices
Classes of Crops: crop plant forms i.e. monocot and dicot
Classes of crop contd. According to life span
Classes of crops contd. According to uses I
Classes of crops according to uses contd. II
Classes of crops according the uses contd. III
Uses of crops
Agric Science Scheme of Work JSS2 Second Term
List of topic
Animal feeds feeding
Animal feeds and feeding (contd.)
Farm animal disease control
Farm animal disease control: Bacteria
Farm Animal Disease control Bacteria
Farm Animal disease control virus disease
Farm Animal disease control (vims disease) contd.
Farm animal disease control: Protozoan disease
Farm animal disease control (contd.)
Farm animal diseases control (contd.)
Agricultural Science Scheme of Work JSS3 Third Term
List of Topic
Export promotion in agric. -meaning of export promotion
Benefits of export promotion to the farmers
Benefits of export promotion to the Nation (Nigeria)
Agricultural Science Scheme of Work for Junior Secondary School
Below is first Term week 1-6 AGRIC Scheme of work for Junior Secondary School JSS 3.
AGRIC teacher can teach with this, while student used it to study and read ahead.
|1||Definition of packaging and packaging criteria I||Students should be able to:
(1) state the meaning of packaging.
(2) mention packaging criteria.
|(1) State the meaning of packaging
(2) Packaging criteria: -nature of produce (Liquid, powder or solid and shape).
|Guides students to state the meaning of packaging.|
|2||Packaging criteria II||Students should be able to:
(1) state packaging criteria.
(2) explain packaging criteria.
|Packaging criteria contd.
-Live or frozen or dry stock
-Distance to market
|Guides class discussion on choice of packaging materials.|
|3||Characteristics of agricultural produce||Students should be able to:
(1) mention the characteristics of agricultural produce.
(2) explain the nature of agricultural produce.
|Characteristics of agricultural produce:
(3) highly perishable
(4) most are not consumable in their raw form etc.
|Display some agricultural produce to show their true nature.|
|4||Reason for packaging||Students should be able to:
(1) state the reasons for packaging.
(2) explain why different produce require different choice of packaging.
|Reasons for packaging:
(1) for convenience
(2) Give nutritional information.
(3) maintain food safety.
(4) minimize environmental impact
(5) protection/ preservation
(6) extend shelf-life etc.
|Provides different packaging materials and give reasons for their use.|
|5||Factors that influence the choice of materials for packaging I||Students should be able to:
(3) identify what influences the choice of materials to use in packaging farm produce for sale.
(4) give examples of some types of packaging materials in agriculture.
|Factors that influences choice of materials for packaging:
-live or frozen or dry stock.
-distance to market.
|Guide class discussion on what influences choice of material for packaging farm produce.|
|6||Factors that influence the choice of materials for packaging II||Students should be able to give examples of some types of packaging materials in agriculture.||Examples of packaging items:
|(3) Explain the nature of agricultural produce.
(4) Display some packaging items.
(5) Give detail board summary.
|7||Definition of pricing factors that
determines price of agricultural produce I
|Students should be able to:
(3) define pricing.
(4) mention factors which determine the price of agricultural produce.
|(3) Definition of pricing.
(4) Price determinants: -cost of production -quality of produce -quality of produce
|Facilitate class discussion on composition of produce prices.|
|8||Factors that determines price of agricultural produce II||Students should be able to mention factors which determine the price of agricultural produce.||Price determinants: -forces of demand and supply
|Discussion on composition of produce prices.|
|9||Factors that determine price of agricultural produce III||Students should be able to:
(5) explain how demand and supply affect price.
(6) identify why there is sudden rise or drop in price.
|(6) Factor that determine price of agricultural produce.
(7) Force of demand and supply.
(8) Market price.
|Guides classroom discussion on how price changes as a result of demand and supply.|
|Students should be able to:
(5) how market price affect agricultural produce supply to the market.
(6) the ways seasons affect price of agricultural produce.
|Factors that determine price of agricultural produce:
-market produce -seasonality of produce.
|Facilitates class discussion on producer prices.|
Download Now SOW for Cultural and Creative Arts
How to Download JSS 1-3 Agric Scheme of Work
To get the complete Agricultural Science Scheme of Work in PDF Format, Call or whatsapp me on 08051311885 on how to obtain your copy.
Please Note, it is not Free.
Please Take Note:
The scheme of work is in PDF soft copy format.
It can be view and read using a smart mobile phone or personal computer (pc)
It can be printed out into hard copy.
It is not free (do not chat me up if your intention is to beg for it)
It cost a token.
Mode of Delivery
After payment, it will be sent to your email address or whatsapp
Other Available Products
Lesson Note and Exam Questions for Primary to Senior Secondary School