Are you writing the National Examination Council in June/July also know as NECO, if yes, you need the NECO Data Processing Past Questions and Answers, Objective, Theory as well as Practical to enhance your preparatory skill in readiness to the exam.
we at stcharlesedu.com has compiled all the Data Processing Practical, Objective and Theory past question & answer from 2014 – till date.
This past questions will give you an over-view and nature of the exams.
The NECO Past questions will not only help you know the likely questions but you will understand the nature of the examination.
Table of Contents
Data Processing NECO Past Questions Free Download
Click to Download your free NECO Past Question and Answer on Data Processing, Practical; Objective and Theory Download Now
How to Buy NECO Past Question on Data Processing.
To get the complete copy of the Past Questions, call or whatsapp me on 08051311885
Cost or Price of NECO Data Processing Past Question N500
DATA PROCESSING NECO PAST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS FOR OBJECTIVE, THEORY AND PRACTICAL
NECO DATA Processing Objective Questions
1. The first generation computers made use of
A. low level programming language.
B. high level programming language.
C. object-oriented programming language.
D. procedural programming language.
2. Microprocessor was used as the main electronic component of the
A. first generation computers.
B. second generation Computers.
C. third generation computers.
D. fourth generation computers.
3. The act of producing information from figures, text or images is called data
4. The following are primary sources of information except
5. Which of the following factors is not considered when classifying computers?
6. Which of these channels would enable business transactions between a buyer from Nigeria and a seller from Ghana?
7. The ICT application which helps to resolve road congestion at junctions is
A. automatic teller machine.
B. automatic traffic marshal.
C. street light.
D. traffic light.
8. The main components of the central processing unit (CPU) of the computer are.
A. register and memory.
B. control unit and register.
C. control unit and At t
9. Stages in data processing cycle include the following except data
10. At what stage of information processing is data validation carried mout?
A, Data analysis
B. Data collection
C. Data processing
D. Data summarization
11. The media which enable electromagnetic signals to be transmitted through free space is known as
A. unguided media.
C. guided media.
12. Information that stimulates both the senses of hearing and sight is called
A. audio information.
B. audio-visual information.
C. video information.
D. visual information.
13. The following are advantages of networking except
B. sharing of resources.
14. Which of the following devices would not transmit signals from one point to another?
A. Telephone line
C. Fibre optics
D. Coaxial cable
15. Another term for Uniform Resource Locator (URL) is
A. website address.
B. IP address
D. data link
NECO DATA Processing Past Question Paper Theory
S.S.C.E DATA PROCESSING 2016 THEORY QUESTIONS
SHORT – STRUCTURED QUESTIONS Answer three questions only from this section.
All questions carry equal marks.
1. (a) (i) What is data model?
(ii) State three types of data model.
(b) (i) List three approaches to data modelling.
(ii) Explain any. one approach listed in l(b)(t).
2.(a) Vera, a secretary tonthe manager of her organization is saddled with the responsibility of typing a confidential report. She is also instructed to insert the word . “CONFIDENTIAL” diagonally in the background of every page of the report.
(i) State the most suitable application software needed by Vera to produce the report.
(ii) What feature of the application software can be used to insert the word “CONFIDENTIAL ” as instructed?
(iii) Mention one measure that can be taken to ensure the confidentiality of the soft copy of the report in the computer.
(b) Explain the following terms:
3. (a) Outline the steps involved in printing the first five pages of a Word document from the print dialog box on a computer with two printers installed.
(b) Sadiq complained that a pop-up usually appears on the screen of his personal computer thereby disturbing him while using the computer.
(i) What is the possible cause of the pop-up?
(ii) State a possible source of the element causing the pop-up.
(iii) What measure would be necessary to stop the pop-up from reoccurring?
(c) Mr. Aneke is billed to address a large audience in an auditorium.
(i) What computer application package is suitable to prepare and deliver his speech?
(ii) State the output device that can be used to transmit Mr. Aneke’s speech note from his computer to a large screen in the auditorium.
(d) Give two types of computer network;
neco past question on Data Processing theory
neco Data Processing questions
Data Processing past questions and answers
neco Data Processing theory