(a) A Senior Secondary Certificate (SSSC), GCE, NECO, `O’ Level with passes in four (4) Subject including English Language, three of which must be at credit level. Two of the Credits must be relevant to the course the candidates wishes to offer. Credit in English and a pass in Literature for candidates wishing to read English. For candidates wishing to read Computer science and Mathematics a credit in Mathematics is required.
(b) A Grade 11 Teachers Certificate (TC.11) with credit or merit in four subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credit/Merit in English Language/Mathematics will be required for Candidate offering English Language and Mathematics Courses.
(c) For candidates wishing to offer courses in Vocational, city and Guild certificate with the federal craft Training certificate with Credit/Merit in at least four subjects are acceptable.
(d) In addition to the general NCCE admission requirements. A candidate must posses at least a pass in Mathematics at WAEC/NECO/SSCE or its equivalent.
A. SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
1. Economics / Political Science
2. Economics / Social Studies
3. Political Science / Social Studies
4. History / Social Studies
5. History / Political Science
6. History / Social Studies
7. History / Christian Religion Studies
8. Christian Religion Studies / Political science
9. Christian Religion Studies / Economics
10. Christian Religion Studies / Social Studies
11. Geography / Economics
12. Geography / Social Studies
13. Theatre Arts / English
14. Theatre Arts / NLS
B. SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
1. Primary Education Studies / Social studies
2. Primary Education Studies / Economics
3. Primary Education Studies / Mathematics
4. Primary Education Studies / English Language
5. Primary Education Studies / Christian Religion Studies
6. Primary Education Studies / Political Science
7. Primary Education Studies / Integrated Science
8. Primary Education Studies / History
C. SCHOOL OF VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
1. Business Education
2. Agricultural Science
3. Home Economics
4. Fine Arts
D. SCHOOL OF SCIENCES
1. Mathematics / Physics
2. Mathematics / Economics
3. Mathematics / Geography
4. Mathematics / Chemistry
5. Computer Science / Economics
6. Computer Science / Mathematics
7. Computer Science / Chemistry
8. Computer Science / Biology
9. Computer Science / Physics
10. Biology / Geography
11. Biology / Chemistry
12. Integrated Science / Biology
13. PHE (Physical and Health Education)
14. Chemistry / Integrated Science
15. Integrated Science / Mathematics
16. Integrated Science / Geography
17. Integrated Science / Computer Science
18. Physics / Chemistry.
E. SCHOOL OF LANGUAGES
1. French – Double Major
2. English Language / Social Studies
3. English Language / Christian Religion Studies
4. English Language / History
5. French / Social Studies
6. French / English Language
7. French / History
8. Itsekiri / Social Studies
9. Itsekiri / English Language
10. Izon / History
11. Izon / English Language
12. Izon / Social Studies
13. Izon / Christian Religion Studies
14. Urhobo / Social Studies
15. Urhobo / English Language
16. Isoko / Christian Religion Studies
17. Isoko / English Language
18. Yoruba / English Language
19. Yoruba / Social Studies
20. Yoruba / Christian Religion Studies’
21. Urhobo / Christian Religion Studies
22. Itsekiri / Christian Religion Studies
23. Itsekiri / History
RETURN OF FORMS
Please, return complete Admission Forms with the followings:
a) Birth Certificate or Affidavit
b) School Certificate Result (WASC / GCE / SSCE / NECO / TESTIMONIAL)
c) Two recent passport Photograph
d) Two Self – Addressed and Stamped envelopes
e) Photocopies of Purchase of Receipts
PRE-N.C.E. PROGRAMMES REGULAR AND WEEK-END 2005/2006.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates into the College of Education, one year pre-programmes (Regular and Week-end) 2005/2006.
Available pre N.C.E courses in the college are as follows:
A. PRE-ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
a Christian Religions Studies
e Political Science
f Social Science
g Culture and creative Arts
a English Language
c Health Education
e Computer Science
f Physical Education
D PRE-VOCATIONAL AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION
a Agricultural Education
b Business Education
c Fine and Applied Arts
d Home Education
e Technical Education
A ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR PRE-ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
Candidates for the one year Pre-NCE course in Arts and social sciences must possess at the of application at least one of the following:
a A holder of SSC/NECO with two credits and three passes in Arts and Social Sciences, including English Language is not more than two sittings.
b A holder of SSC / NECO with one credit and four passes in the Arts and social sciences, including a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
c A holder of SSC / NECO with five passes in the Arts and social sciences, including a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
d A holder of TC 11 with two credits / merits and three passes in the Arts and social sciences, including a pass in English Language.
e A holder of TC 11 with passes in five Arts and social sciences, including a pass in English Language in not more than two sittings.
B ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR PRE-NIGERIA LANGUAGE.
a WASC/GCE(O/L) SSSC/NEW with passes in at least four (4) subjects in not more than two sittings one of which must be at credits level in either English Language, English Literature or any of the three major Nigerian Language( Hausa, Ibo and Yoruba).
b WASC/GCE/NECO with a least five passes at two sittings including a pass in English Language in English literatures in Nigeria Language or
c A complete Teacher’s Grade 11 certificate.
C ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR PRE-NCE SCIENCE
a A holder of SSC/NECO/NABTEB with two credits and three passes in the science including English language in not more than two sittings.
b SSC (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB) with 5 passes in the sciences, including English language in not more than two sittings.
c TC 11 with five passes in the sciences, including English Language in not more than two sittings.
D ADMISSION REQUIREMENT FOR PRE-N.C.E FINE ARTS
a WASC/GCE/NECO(O/L)SSSC with passes in at least four (4) subjects at a sittings, two of which must at credit level and a pass in English Language.
b A complete Teachers Grade 11.
Thanks Dr. Charles for the information. But I want to know if there is a Masters programme going on presently. Thanks.