DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY 2011/2012 CE PROGRAMME FORM
ST. CHARLES EDUCATIONAL SERVICE
67 Okumagba Avenue, Opposite Kumoil Filling Station & Idama Hotel,
Directly ontop of Unity Electronic Plaza
Warri, Delta State.
mobile no: 08051311885
ADVERT FOR 2010/2011
ADMISSION INTO THE CENTRE FOR CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAMME (CCEP) OF DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA FOR THE 2010/2011 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for 4 years and 5 years programme admission into the following Part-Time undergraduate Degree Programmes of the Delta State University for the 2010/2011 academic session. The programme is to be run from Mondays to Fridays.
1.To offer opportunities for people who could not avail themselves of the chance of being admitted into Degree programme of the University through the UTME/Post UTME Screening Exercise.
2. To provide opportunities that will positively empower youths with skills and knowledge through University Education.
3. To offer opportunities of professional training for practitioners in the public service and in industries.
4. To provide an avenue for members of the community to acquire University Education for the service of the society.
FACULTY OF ARTS (4 and 5years programmes)
1. B.A. English
2. B.A. History and International Studies
3. B.A. Music
4. B.A. Theatre Arts
5. B.A. Religious Studies
6. B.A. (Linguistics) French
7. B.A. Linguistics
8. B.A. Linguistics Urhobo
FACULTY OF EDUCATION (4 and 5years Programmes)
1. B.Sc. (Ed.) Counselling Psychology
2. B.A. (Ed.) History
3. B.A. (Ed.) French
4. B.A. (Ed.) English
5. B.A. (Ed.) Fine and Applied arts
6. B.A. (Ed.) Music Education
7. B.A. (Ed.) Religious Studies
8. B.A. (Ed.) Nursery and Primary Education
9. B.Sc. (Ed.) Mathematics
10. B.Sc. (Ed.) Physics
11. B.Sc. (Ed.) Chemistry
12. B.Sc. (Ed.) Integrated Science
13. B.Sc. (Ed.) Biology
14. B.Sc. (Ed.) Social Studies
15. B.Sc. (Ed.) Political Science
16. B.Sc. (Ed.) Economics
17. B.Sc. (Ed.) Geography
18. B. Lis. Library Science Education
19. B.Sc. (Ed.) Library and Information Science
20. B.Sc. (Ed.) Physical and Health Education
21. B.Sc. (Ed.) Health Education
22. B.Sc. (Ed.) Agricultural Education
23. B.Sc. (Ed.) Technical Education
24. B.Sc. (Ed.) Business Education
25. B.Sc. (Ed.) Home Economics
FACULTY OF SCIENCE (4 and 5 years Programmes)
1. B.Sc. Biochemistry
2. B.Sc. Botany
3. B.Sc. Microbiology
4. B.Sc. Chemistry
5. B.Sc. Mathematics
6. B.Sc. Computer Science
7. B.Sc. Geology
8. B.Sc. Physics
9. B.Sc. zoology
10. B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
11. B.Sc. Industrial Mathematics
FACULTY OF THE SOCIAL SCIENCES (4 and 5 years Programmes)
1. B.Sc. Accounting and Finance
2. B.Sc. Business Administration
3. B.Sc. Economics
4. B.Sc. Geography and Regional Planning
5. B.Sc. Mass Communication
6. B.Sc. Political Science
7. B.Sc. Sociology
8. B.Sc. Psychology
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (4 and 5 years Programmes)
1. B.Sc. Accountancy
2. B.Sc. Business Administration
3. B.Sc. Banking and Finance
4. B.Sc. Marketing
FACULTY OF BASIC MEDICAL SCIENCE (4 and 5 years Programmes)
1. B.Sc. Anatomy
2. B.Sc. Medical Biochemistry
3. B.Sc. Physiology
A. GENERAL DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
The following General Admission Requirements apply uniformly across faculties:
1. 5 years Degree Programme
1. (a) Candidates should possess five ‘O’ Level credit passes including English Language at not more than two sittings in WASC, WAEC, SSCE/GCE, NECO, SSCE or its equivalent. They should also include Mathematics for the Social Sciences and Science based courses; Social Science Education demands Credit in ‘O’ Level Mathematics.
(b) Candidates with a pass in Diploma will spend the same number of years as those coming in with ‘O’ level.
2. Direct Entry – 4 years Degree Programme
(a) Delta State University Diploma holders seeking admission into Degree programmes should have at least a merit level pass.
(b) At least merit passes in two major teaching subjects at the NCE with Credit passes in three other subjects in three subjects at the ‘O’ level or its equivalent, including English Language. Education shall be counted as a subject required for matriculation in case of candidates applying for admission into the Faculty of Education only.
(c) Four years with Diploma/NCE with at least Merit pass.
(e) All candidates for the 5 years Degree programme MUST sit for an Entrance Examination. The date shall be announced by the University.
Candidate who did the DELSU Post-JAMB UTME screening should indicate their Post-UTME score in the application form.