PRIVATE MAIL BAG 1022, YABA, LAGOS
WEST AFRICAN SENIOR SCHOOL CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION
(WASSCE) FOR PRIVATE CANDIDATES
Intending candidates for the November 2014 West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for private Candidates are hereby informed that the registration will be online.
Candidates are expected to pay a registration fee (inclusive of commission) of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10, 000.00) at branches of any of the following banks or any accredited agent and obtain the registration pin and the information VCD:
Diamond Bank Plc
Enterprise Bank Ltd
In addition, candidates would also pay One Thousand Four Hundred Naira only (N1, 400.00) for a WAEC – branded calculator/mathematical set which will issued to them at their examination centres on commencement of the examination.
The normal registration period is from May 5 to July 6, 2014. However, late registration is allowed from July 7 to August 3, 2014 with a penalty fee of Ten Thousand Naira only (N10, 000.00) in addition to the normal fee. After payment, candidates should log on to www.waeconline.org.ng for registration. Candidates should be also note that the registration procedure has been designed to accommodate biometric features that will be used for validation at the examination centres.
Candidates must conclude registration within two weeks of first access to the website during the registration period. They should ensure that their names, gender, passport photographers, dates of birth, subjects and disabilities (if any) are correct. They are also to print the admission notice/photo card as evidence of successful registration. This will serve as their photo card during the examination. The result checker PIN will also be on the photo card.
Visually challenged candidates will also register on-line other candidates but they must clearly state their disabilities e.g blind, low vision, etc.
1) Candidates should view the information VCD before they register for the examination.
2) Candidates should note that examination fees are not refundable.
3) Candidates must print the examination Timetable at the completion of their registration.
4) Entries must be uploaded with good quality passport size photographs, not “Wait and get” photographs.
The background of such photographs MUST NOT BE BLUE OR RED. The size should be 275 by 314 pixels.
5) Candidates should study the Regulations and Syllabuses as well as Timetable for the examination which they can download from WAEC’s website (www.waeconline.org.ng) using their registration PIN.
6) All candidates must go to their examination halls in mufti and without arms. No professional uniform of any kind will be allowed in the examination hall.
7) The entire results of candidates who make more than one entry will be cancelled.
8) Smoking is not allowed in the examination hall.
9) Any candidate who comes in the examination hall with a mobile phone and/or electronic or communication gadget will have his or her result cancelled.
10) All candidates must ensure that their entries are correctly uploaded, as the Council will not be held responsible for errors in candidates’ particulars. No request for correction will be entertained on any information which a candidate voluntarily gives at the point of registration.
11) Candidates who engage in examination malpractice will not only have their results cancelled but prosecuted.
12) Candidates must come into the examination hall with their original photo cards.
HEAD OF NATIONAL OFFICE