Download Now! WAEC Physics Objective questions, likely physics waec questions, common physics questions in waec
Are you writing this upcoming West African Examination Council WAEC Exam, did you registered for the subject Physics?
If yes, then one of the sure way of passing this subject easily is to study the examination body council past questions and answer.
you really want to know why, here is a summary of the reason.
It give you an insight on the scope of exam.
You won’t be in the dark about questions to expect in the examination.
You will be self reliant during the exam
You won’t develop examination fever as you already know the angle of where the question will be coming from
Equips you beforehand.
Over the years, we have received sms and call from student who used the past question, and the tremendous role it play in making them come out in flying colour.
we at stcharlesedu.com has compiled a good number of Physics WAEC Past Questions in pdf.
What others are downloading WAEC Past Questions for all Subjects
Table of Contents
WAEC Physics Objective Questions
Answer all the questions.
Each question is followed by four options lettered A to D.. Find out the correct options for each question and shade in pencil on your answer sheet, the answer space which bears the same letter as the option you Chosen. Give only one answer to each question.
An example is given below.
A series LC circuit has capacitance 50 F and Inductance of 500 uH. Calculate the frequency at which the circuit will resonate. [π= 3.142]
A. 6365 Hz
B. 3183 Hz
C. 1006 Hz
D. 503 Hz
The correct answer is 3183 Hz, which is lettered B and therefore answer space B would be shaded.
[A] [B] [C] [D]
Think carefully before you shade the answer spaces; erase completely any answer(s) you wish to change Now answer the following questions
Do all rough work on this questions paper
Now answer the following questions.
1. The time rate of increase in velocity is called
2. Which of the following quantities is a vector?
3. In an elastic collision, momentum is conserved as well as
B. kinetic energy.
C. potential energy.
4.The induced current in a coil always flows in a direction so as to oppose the change that causes it. This statement is known as
A. Coulomb’s law.
B. Lenz’s law.
C. Faraday’s law.
D. Ampere’s law.
5. Which of the following instruments can be used to compare the magnitudes of charges on two given bodies.
B. Ebonite rod
C. Gold-leaf electroscope
D. Proof planes
6.A body of mass 2 kg is released from a point 100 m above the ground. Calculate its kinetic energy 80 m from the point of release.
A. 1600 J
B. 900 J
C. 600 J
D. 200 J
7. Which of the following waves is not mechanical?
A. Waves in pipes
B. Water waves
C. Radio waves
D. Sound waves
Objective Physics WAEC Questions on Motion
8. A loaded spring is set in simple harmonic motion. The force that tends to restore the load to its equilibrium position is
9. Which of the following cases cannot produce total internal reflection? A light ray travelling from
A. glass to water.
B. kerosene to air.
C. air to water.
D. water to ice.
10.The vacuum in a thermoflask reduces heat loss resulting from
A. radiation only.
B. conduction and convection only.
C. radiation and convection only.
D. conduction only
11. The diagram above represents an experimental set-up for verifying
Download the WAEC Physics Objective past questions in pdf copy to see the diagram
A. lens formula.
B. refraction laws.
C. reflection laws.
D. mirror formula.
12. Which of the following statements about a moving object is correct?
A. When accelerating, the resultant force acting on it must be equal to zero.
B. There must always be a non-zero resultant force acting on it.
C. At a steady velocity, the resultant force acting on it must be equal to zero.
D. Ata steady velocity, the air résistance must be equal to zero.
13. If the efficiency of a transformer is 100%, which of the following equations would be correct?
A. NpEp = NsEe
B. NsIp= NpIs
C. NsIs = NpIp
D. IpEs — IsEp
14. A freshly demagnetized bar magnet is placed in the East-West direction to ensure that
A. the molecular Magnets remain randomly arranged.
B. the molecular magnets are properly aligned.
C. it is affected by the earth’s magnetic field.
D. the magnetic domains are within the earth’s field.
15. Which of the following graphs of a charge Q against potential difference V across capacitor is correct?
16. A small amount of air is introduced into the vacuum above the mercury in a mercury barometer tube. The mercury level goes down because the air molecules
A. heat the mercury and make it to expand.
B. increase the pressure above the mercury.
C. cool the mercury and make it to contract.
D. decrease the pressure above the mercury.
WAEC Physics Questions on Specific Heat Capacity Objective
17. Calculate the quantity of heat needed to change the temperature of 60 g of ice at 0 °C to 80 °C. [Specific latent heat of fusion of ice
= 3.36 x l05J kg-1
Specific heat capacity of water = 4.2x l03J kg-1 K-1
A. 4.80 kJ
B. 20.16 kJ
C. 40.32 kJ
D. 22.17 kJ
18.The wire of a platinum résistance thermometer has a résistance of 3.5 Ω at 0 °C and 10.5 Ω at 100 °C. Calculate the temperature of the wire when its résistance is 7.5 Ω.
A. 78 °C
B. 25 °C
C. 36 °C
19. A transverse pulse of frequency 9 Hz travels 4.5 m in 0.6 s. Calculate the wavelength of the pulse.
A. 3.33 m
B. 0.30 m
C. 0.83 m
D. 1.20 m
20. In which of the following media is speed of Sound the least?
21. Which of the following characteristics of waves can a ripple tank be used to demonstrate?
A. I, II and III
B. II and III only
C. I and III only
D. I and II only
22. Which of the following graphs gives the correct relationship between energy and mass when mass is converted to energy.
Download the WASSCE Physics Objective past questions in pdf copy to see the diagram
23. An 800 kg car moving at 80 km hr-1 collides with a 1200 kg car moving at 40 km hr-1 in the same direction. If the cars stick together, calculate their common velocity.
A. 60 km hr-1
B. 8 km hr-1
C. 40 km hr -1
D. 56 km hr-1
24. The mass of a load is doubled while the force acting on it is halved. The resulting acceleration of the load is
25. The maximum and minimum thermometer reads the
A. maximum temperature during the day and the minimum temperature at night at all times.
B. maximum temperature at night and minimum temperature during the day from the last reset.
C. maximum temperature at night and minimum temperature during the day at all times.
D. maximum temperature during the day and minimum temperature at night from the last reset.
26. An a.c. generator can be converted to a d.c. generator by replacing the
A. commutator with an armature.
B. armature with a commutator.
C. commutator with slip rings.
D. slip rings with a commutator.
27.Which of the following statements is the correct reason for using soft iron in making the armature of an electric bell?
A. It is a diamagnetic material.
B. It loses its magnetism readily.
C. It is not easily magnetized.
D. It retains its magnetism for a long time.
28. The diagram above illustrates a meter bridge circuit under balanced condition. Determine the value of x.
Download the WAEC SSCE Physics Objective past questions in pdf copy to see the diagram
A. 71.4 cm
B. 10.0 cm
C. 28.6 cm
D. 57.2 cm
29. Which of the following devices is used for storing electric charges?
An electron of mass 9.1 x 10-31 kg moves with a speed of 2.0 x 106 ms-1 round the nucleus of an atom in a circular path of radius 6.1 x 10-11 m.
Use the information to answer questions 30 and 31.
30. Determine the angular speed of the electron.
A. 3.28×1016 rad s-1
B. 8.55 x 103 rad s-1
C. 9.11 x 1013 rad s-1
D. 5.22 x 1015 rad s-1
31. Calculate the centripetal force acting on the electron.
A. 7.7×10-47 N
B. 6.0 x 10-8 N
C. 3.0×10 -14N
D. 1.3×10-26 N
32. A device consumes 100 W of power when connected to a 120 V source. Calculate its résistance.
A. 1.2 Ω
B. 12,000.0 Ω
C. 20.0 Ω
D. 144.0 Ω
33. Which property of a wave remains constant when the wave travels from one medium into another?
Free WAEC Objective Past Questions in Physics
How to get WASSCE Physic Objective and Essay Questions and Answers
To get the complete and more recent copy of the West Africa Examination Council WAEC Past Questions and answer
Take Note of the following step
Call or whatsapp us on 08051311885 for the account number to make payment and how to received your complete copy of the past questions to be sent directly to your email address or whatsapp number.
Mode of Payment.
Mobile Transfer or Direct Bank Deposit.
send us the following
Name of Product Paid for:
Valid email address.
We will deliver the past question to you 5 mins after confirmation of payment to the email you will send to us.