Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Full-Time Two-Year Diploma in Maritime Studies, Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- GTC has an international reputation and experience in Maritime, Information and Communication Technology. It operates a state-of-the-art facility in London which it intends to replicate in the University of Benin for the benfit of the students/graduates and the economy.
- Graduates from the Centre shall acquire both academic and practical knowledge to be employed directly into Sea Ports, Shipping, Oil, Custom Services, and other Agencies in maritime and ICT industries.
- The Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT is recognized as a direct entry qualification into 200 level for all Engineering programmes and degree programmes in the Faculty of Sciences (Computer Science, Mathematics [Pure and Applied], Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics with Physics, Mathematics with Chemistry, Statistics with Computer Science, Physics, Geology and Industrial Physics) Faculty of Education (Department of Vocational and Technical Education) and Library Studies as well as similar institutions in the country.
- Graduates of the Diploma in Maritime Studies and ICT are also qualified for direct entry into Universities/Colleges in United Kingdom to which Generic Technology College is affiliated.
- The programme will also serve as capacity building for academic and professional enhancement of persons with innate maritime culture and traditions such as persons of the Niger delta of Nigeria e.t.c, preparatory fo the middle and high level responsibilities in Maritime and related industries, as well as provide training in modern methods of Conflict Resolution.
- Credit in Mathematics, English Language and thre other subjects (Physics, Chemistry, Technical Drawing, Biology/Agricultural Science and Geography) at GCE/WASE/SSCE/NABTEB/NECO
- City and Guilds (Part 1) in any area of Engineering
- A qualification equivalent to any of the above.