Music has a place in our contemporary society. Perceived by the sheer ubiquity of its presence, its relevance is enormous. The Department of Music, Anambra State University, offers a unique amalgam at traditional, comparative as well as other Programmes of musical studies and research. The 2-year Diploma Programme is planned to prepare students to acquire the basic skills, values, and requisite knowledge needed in the theory and practice of Music as a discipline. The Programme also is structured to empower students to acquire understanding and competences in music as a base for further studies in die discipline.
The Diploma in Music Programme is planned as a two Year Programme leading to a Diploma in Music Certificate High flying products of the Programme may be admitted by Direct Entry at 200 level into the degree Programme in Music
- Applicants with any of the following may apply:
- The SSCE or O/level GCE with credits in five (5) papers at not more than two sittings and with at least a pass in English Language.
- A complete Teacher’s Grade Two Certificate
- OND, NCE or HND in subjects in the field of Arts and Humanities pius the requisite O’ level papers.
- Opportunities for matured candidates with years of experience in Music may be considered subject to audition interview.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Qualified applicants should pay the sum of ten thousand naira (10,000.00) only payable to Anambra State University in the following Banks.
- Fidelity Bank
- Zenith Bank
The Bank Tellers/Printouts for the payment should be converted into official Bursary Receipt and Application forms collected form the Admission Office at Uli Campus, completed and returned with 2 passport photographs and relevant credentials.